RMF 1100 Continuous Corrugation Measuring Trolley
Approved measuring device as per EN 13231-3:2012 and German DB for acceptance testing of rail profiling.
Rail surface condition has a major effect on wear and noise pollution. Accordingly, it is important to identify and evaluate irregularities in the rail’s longitudinal profile or “corrugation”. The digital corrugation measuring system RMF 2.3E fulfils this requirement accurately and efficiently.
Compared to our former model RMF 2.3 the new RMF 1100 is build shorter and prepared for detecting wavelengths up to maximum 1000 mm.
A key feature is its measurement method, specially developed and patented by
Vogel & Plötscher, and tried, proven and internationally recognised for many
years. The rail is scanned by a special touch probe with a high-resolution sensor at intervals of 2mm. The major advantage: RMF 1100 is able to map the actual primary profile, meaning it delivers the genuine raw data from the rail surface! This is of particular importance, as it provides a sound verifiable basis for subsequent assessments, such as pursuant to DB Directive 824 and DIN EN 13231-3:2012.
- Automated continuous scanning of the rail length profile
- Apply to international standard EN 13231-3:2012 and offically approved by Deutsche Bahn (DB)
- Simultaneous measurement of left and right rail
- Automated continuous data capture at 2 mm intervals
- Evaluation and analyses acc. to different wavelengths from 10 mm up to 1000 mm
- “MPC” Outdoor notebook with touch-screen
- One-man setup and operation within few minutes
Measured Track Parameter
- Rail length profile (corrugation and waves)